This Instant Pot Sweet Potato Soup recipe is a great addition to your cold-weather meal ideas. We usually have an abundance of sweet potatoes that we grow in our garden around this time so this recipe works great to add in a lot of our fresh ingredients from the garden!
|Prep Time||30 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
|Passive Time||10 minutes|
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes skinned or unskinned, chopped
- 6-8 cups chicken broth (It is super easy to make your own broth! Check out the link below instructions.)
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 handful thyme
- 1 handful oregano
- 1 handful cinnamon basil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- Collect desired herbs from the garden!
- Dice onions, garlic, sweet potatoes, and carrots and set to the side.
- Turn on Instant Pot to Saute option. Add butter. Saute onions and garlic until transparent.
- Add in carrots and sweet potatoes. Toss for a few minutes to soften.
- Add in chicken broth and desired herbs from the garden.
- Secure lid with vent closed. Set Instant Pot to Manual 10 minutes.
- Once time is up, let it naturally pressure release for an additional 10 minutes before venting and opening.
- Add milk and mash/blend soup together.
- Top with salt, pepper, and cheese to taste and enjoy!
Check out how easy it is to make your own chicken broth here: https://www.seedtospoon.net/recipe/easy-instant-pot-chicken-broth-make-delicious-nutritious-chicken-broth/
Grow your own fresh ingredients right in your own backyard! Learn how to grow 100+ fruits, vegetables, and herbs with our free iOS and Android From Seed to Spoon app!
Share this Recipe
Love this recipe & can’t wait to try it! Thank you!!