Beans are a staple in our house. It's something that we always have on-hand in our fridge to eat on with our meals. Dried beans are so much more cost efficient for us than canned and we don't have to worry about all the preservatives! I used to cook these beans on the stove after soaking them overnight and then boiling them on the stove for several hours. It was so time consuming and I am not one to plan ahead that well! The Instant Pot changed my life in this area! I can now take completely dried beans and cook them in the Instant Pot and they are ready within the hour. These black beans not only taste great, but are just so simple to make!
|Prep Time||1 minute|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
|Passive Time||15 minutes|
- 2 cups black beans
- ~8 cups Water to cover beans x2
- garlic to taste
- chili powder to taste
- cumin to taste
- Salt to taste
- Simply combine dried beans and selected seasonings (minus salt) into the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual for 25 minutes.
- Let it naturally release pressure for about 15 minutes.
- Strain excess water from beans.
- Add salt to taste.
If you don't already have an Instant Pot or want another, check them out on Amazon for some great deals! https://amzn.to/2QkavAk
Share this Recipe