Trying to stay healthy can always be quite the challenge. It can also be like pulling teeth to get kids to eat their daily recommended servings of fruits and vegetables. Luckily, with these juices, it makes it so much easier! My kids all love these juices and enjoy drinking them with us. Typically, I make a large amount in the morning of whatever fruits and veggies we have on hand and we all drink on it throughout the day. This also creates a lot of pulp that is perfect to add to your compost. I use these juices as supplements to my daily food intake. It helps me to stay full and feel energized throughout the day!
We have a Breville juicer and it’s worked well and held up well through heavy use. I’ve also seen an Omega juicer in action and can vouch for its capabilities as well.
- Collect all ingredients you wish to use. You may experiment on different mixtures or add more/less of different fruits and vegetables.
- Prepare chosen fruits and vegetables by cleaning and peeling/chopping food.
- Run chosen fruits and vegetables through the juicer.
- Enjoy your drink as-is or pour over ice to cool.
- Make sure to collect and save the pulp from the juicer to put in your compost!
- Place unused juice in the refrigerator in a mason jar to enjoy later in the day! Make sure you use it within 24 hours, assuming it lasts that long since it's so tasty! 🙂
Items used in this recipe:
Breville juicer: https://amzn.to/2D4mbQe
Composting is OK but using the remaining remains in a soup is even BETTER.