These slimy creatures will eat just about anything in the garden. Slugs and snails typically will come out during the night time or on cloudy days. They are fairly easy to manage in your garden with these steps!
- Nighttime hunts are the best way to go about finding these creatures! Hand-picking and placing the slugs or snails in a salty or soapy solution will ensure that they are killed.
- You can set beer out in shallow saucers to attract then drown your slugs.
- Diatomaceous earth can also be laid down around your garden to help get rid of them.
Slugs and snails are not too particular as to which plants they attack. You may want to keep an eye on:
- Bok Choy
- Collard Greens
- Luffa (Loofah)
- Mustard Greens
- New Zealand Spinach (Tetragonia)
- Rau Ram (Vietnamese Cilantro/Coriander)
- Swiss Chard
Learn more about growing over 90 different foods, including how to manage various pests in our FREE iOS, Android, or new Universal Web App!
Copper tape worked fine when they were a problem. Then, the ducks ate them. At work, the skunks eat them.