With the weather cooling down, nothing tastes better and warms you up more than a home-made soup! With the use of the instant pot, this potato soup is fast and simple to make when you are feeling the need to warm your soul. I hope you enjoy it as much as our entire family!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 2 lb potatoes chopped (skinning optional)
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 garlic minced
- 3.5 cup chicken broth
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1.5 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- garlic chives for topping
- green onions for topping
- cheddar cheese for topping
- Cook bacon and set aside for later.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute setting. Place butter in Instant Pot.
- Saute onion and garlic in the butter.
- Place chicken broth, chopped potatoes, chopped carrots, and half of bacon into Instant Pot.
- Set Instant Pot for 30 minutes on the soup function for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, you can do a quick release or wait for it to release pressure on its own then set instant pot to saute.
- Mix in milk and cheese to soup mixture. Use masher if you want smaller pieces of potatoes.
- Continue cooking on saute for a few minutes until creamy.
- Serve with extra cheese, bacon, green onion, and garlic chives on top and enjoy!
If you don't already have an Instant Pot or want another, check them out on Amazon for some great deals! https://amzn.to/2QkavAk
Share this Recipe