When I first heard about people making bread, I thought they were crazy! Why go through so much work when you can simply buy a loaf at the grocery store?! Once you make a loaf for yourself, you will completely understand why I have made my own bread for the last couple years and will not buy from the store! The difference is truly amazing! When I make this bread I have to make two loaves since an entire loaf is gone in a day because everyone loves it so much! Once I got a stand mixer, making it became even easier by minimizing mixing time. I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as our entire family has!
|Prep Time||1-2 hours|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 3 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Cups Whole Milk Heated to 110° F
- 2/3 Cups Water Heated to 110° F
- 4 Tbsp Melted butter
- 6 Tbsp Honey
- 4 1/2 Tsp Instant yeast
- 2 Tbsp Melted butter For topping
- Heat milk and water mixture to 110° F
- Combine instant yeast and milk/water together in stand mixer bowl (using dough blade). Let stand approx 5 minutes until slightly foamy looking.
- Add melted butter, honey, and salt into mixture.
- Start adding flour in while mixing until dough is smooth and not too sticky.
- Preheat oven to 200° F and turn off. Place dough into oiled bowl (rotate once to cover with oil) and cover with towel. Place bowl inside warmed oven and let rise for 40 minutes.
- Divide dough in half and roll out on floured surface
- Roll rectangular shapes.
- Pinch sides to fit pan. Place dough into oiled bread pans.
- Place bread pans inside oven covered with towel for 20 minutes to rise
- Uncover pans and set oven to 350° F. Place a bowl of hot water underneath pans. Bake for 40 minutes
- Pull pans out of oven. Spread melted butter on top of the loaves.
- Ready to enjoy! 🙂 I place the loaves in a canvas bag in our bread box to keep fresh.
Note: Although this recipe can certainly be made without a stand mixer, we've found ours to be a valuable part of our kitchen and it saves us a ton of time. We highly recommend buying one if you do a lot of home-cooking!
Credit: This recipe was inspired by the recipe from the Brown Eyed Baker for American Sandwich Bread.
2 thoughts on “How to Make Homemade Bread that Tastes Incredible!”