Fall is a great time to grow greens! It’s our favorite time to grow because there are less pests about as well. It makes these easy-growing plants even easier to grow! Greens are so expensive at the grocery store and we save a lot of money with growing our own.
- Spinach: The first time you grow spinach you will be amazed at how tasty it is fresh from the garden! It’s a fantastic addition to any garden and will grow throughout the winter in many places!
- Kale: Kale gets such a bad rep about it’s taste, but I was pleasantly surprised at how great it tasted, especially after it sweetens up as the temperatures drop! I enjoy simply mixing this with my spinach/lettuce salads and you can’t tell at all!
- Lettuce: There are so many varieties of lettuce that you can grow! Our favorites are the leafy lettuce that we continually harvest all throughout the season instead of the head varieties.
- Arugula: Arugula is a great addition to any salad that adds a mustard-like flavor.
- Collard Greens: Collard Greens grow very well throughout the seasons even in the warmer temperatures when the other greens can’t survive.