Scales are super tiny insects that suck the sap from your plants weakening or killing your plant. They secrete a covering over their tiny body that resemble scales.
- Clear out any debris in your garden that is infested.
- When they are younger and small in numbers you should be able to simply rub or pick them off with your hands.
- Applying neem oil can also be effective. Make sure not to apply the neem oil when the temperature is above 90, or else you could suffocate your plant!
- You can also use 70% isopropyl alcohol. You can apply this directly on them with a q-tip or a spray bottle if you have a bigger infestation.
Plants to Especially Watch:
- Indoor plants, such as succulents
- Warm climate plants which live in greenhouses
- Tomatoes (bush & vine)