We are incredibly excited to announce the beta release of the new Garden+ Management Feature to our From Seed to Spoon mobile app! This update revolutionizes the way you grow food by:
- Logging your plantings digitally and eliminate the need for a notebook
- Calculating seed sprouting and harvesting dates (watering and fertilizing coming soon!)
- Protecting you from cold snaps and heat events with personalized weather alerts days in advance
- Keeping track of which varieties grow best and view your archive of previous seasons
- Keeping track of notes for both your plantings and add photos of their progress along the way
- Keeping garden notes that persist throughout seasons
- Adding events for planting, sprouting, watering, fertilizing, pests, harvesting, and more to help you stay organized
- Giving you newer garden specific information like sunrise, sunset, amount of hours of sunlight, amount of hours below freezing, and many more…
If you would like to be in an exclusive group of beta testers that help us change the way that people grow food, please sign up below! We’ll send you instructions for how you can download the update.
This update has been the culmination of a year and a half of countless nights and weekends spent working by our team! We couldn’t have done this without the help of a couple of people that we haven’t had the chance to mention much. Justin Williams joined us two years ago to help with our coding efforts.He’s been instrumental to our success and is one of the most creative and intelligent developers I’ve ever worked with! Patrick Hartley joined our team last year and has had an immediate huge impact! Patrick is a master of attention to detail and his ideas have led to dramatic improvements! He’s also an incredibly talented coder and is passionate about making the world a better place through software. At our core, that is really what unites all of us! Both Carrie and I started this project because we wanted to make a difference and we’re incredibly blessed to have Patrick and Justin with us on this adventure.
We all have full time jobs and work on this during the early mornings, late nights, and weekends. We would love to be able to spend more of our time working on this and bringing you more of these types of updates faster. If you’d like to help us get there please subscribe to our patreon where you can sign up to donate as little as $1 a month to our efforts towards making it simple for anyone to grow their own food and take charge of their health.
You can also support us simply by sharing our posts on social media and telling your friends about our app! Reviews also help us out tremendously in the App Store.
Until now we’ve relied on Amazon affiliate links within our app to pay for all of the development costs associated with our app. Starting this summer we will be launching our own store where you can shop hand-picked products we trust. We are excited to partner with Smart Pots and Seeding Square for our initial products and will be expanding quickly.